A fast-growing chemical manufacturing business based in Basingstoke is currently recruiting a Mechanical Project Engineer to join its team on a permanent basis. As an Mechanical Project Engineer, you will join a growing project team reporting directly to the Project Manager. You will be responsible for taking the lead and owning relevant work packages. You will help the business succeed and grow to the next stage in the role by supporting the Project Manager, Project Control & Planning Engineer, Engineering Managers, and Chemical Engineers.
This role will suit a degree-qualified Mechanical Engineer who possesses relevant work experience gained in a relatable industry (chemicals, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, energy storage, automotive, etc).
The company is growing quickly, and you will be responsible for producing technical drawings to ensure they meet the required specifications.
Mechanical Project Engineer Responsibilities
- Gathering data and technical information to support the project as and when required.
- Producing scope of works, In support of supply chain procurement
- Throughout the fully extended project life cycle, ensure/maintain quality, safety & design intent.
- Work package management, taking ownership of sub-projects and workstreams to support the wider project
- Supply chain management by technical discipline/trade.
- Review of internal and external discipline work and deliverables.
- Attend technical meetings, potentially standing in for Engineering Manager and/or Project Manager when required, ensuring they are updated, aware of any actions or changes agreed.
- Keeping up to date knowledge of industry legislation and standards.
- Acting as a support during design, construction, test, commissioning, handover, operation phases of the project.
- To support as technical author, updating and creating documentation as applicable.
- Attends project meetings and owning actions as agreed during meetings.
Mechanical Project Engineer Requirements
- Degree or HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering (or similar)
- Have experience in a technical environment (manufacturing site or contractor or design house)
- Project Management qualification (Prince2) is advantageous.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage stressful situations and strict deadlines
£Comp + private medical + life assurance + pension
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7510
- Posted: 22nd September 2022
- Expires: 20th October 2022