Assay Associate Scientist/Scientist (Drug Discovery)
SRG is thrilled to be working with this highly innovative drug discovery biotech to support their search for an Assay Scientist within their Assay Sciences team. Our client develops novel first-in-class small molecule drugs for oncology and are already progressing their first clinical candidate to human trials very soon. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to further expand their laboratory skills in biochemistry, mass spectrometry and molecular/cell biology. As Assay Scientist, you will be responsible for developing biochemical & cellular assays for RNA-modifying enzymes to support high throughput screening and drug discovery programmes.
- In-vitro characterisation of new enzyme targets
- Biochemical assay development to support high throughput screening
- Development of cell-based mechanistic & phenotypic assays
- Develop & maintain effective working partnerships with CROs to facilitate assay transfer and data exchange
Qualifications & skills required:
- BSc/MSc or equivalent in a relevant life sciences subject with proven practical laboratory skills gained within an industrial setting
- Proven cell culture skills - cell maintenance, transient plasmid/siRNA transfection, stable cell line generation
- Proven molecular biology skills - primer design, PCR, cloning & plasmid generation
- Practical skills in Enzymology would be an advantage
- In addition to your proven laboratory experience, candidates should demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills.
In return, our client can offer a fantastic opportunity to join a supportive and successful team in Cambridge with access to a number of lead discovery projects.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2166557
- Posted: 20th September 2022
- Expires: 18th October 2022