Senior/ Principal Scientist - Lead Discovery
Cambridge (Hybrid working available)
SRG is thrilled to be working with this highly innovative drug discovery biotech to support their search for a Senior/Principal Scientist within Lead Discovery. Our client develops novel first-in-class small molecule drugs for oncology and are already progressing their first clinical candidate to human trials very soon. Supporting a number of key projects, you will work closely with their external partners to manage a portfolio of drug discovery projects. You will be utilising the company's expertise within target validation, assay development and RNA analytics, combining this with screening and medicinal chemistry support from external collaborators.
As Senior/Principal Scientist, you will apply your strong prior expertise in developing and running in vitro assays to lead and implement molecular assay strategies for screening and optimisation of RNA modifying enzyme inhibitors. You will also have primary responsibility for maintaining and managing their Dotmatics database, working closely with external partners to analyse data and results to present to the wider business.
Skills & experience required:
- PhD /MSc ( or equivalent ) in a relevant life sciences subject with extensive industrial experience gained within small molecule drug discovery.
- Extensive experience in biochemical and biophysical assays with experience of applying these for hit identification and lead optimisation.
- Proven experience with recombinant cell-based assay systems (advantageous)
- Extensive experience with assay/screening data management software and data analysis applications such as Vortex and Spotfire.
- Experience in using the Dotmatics platform is highly desirable.
- Proven experience of experimental design and analysis in collaboration with colleagues
- Proven experience of working with external collaborators to manage projects with a natural ability to identify key technical questions and lead CRO studies to solve them
- Through understanding of in vitro pharmacology and high-throughput screening of protein targets
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across multi-discipline groups to create effective partnerships both internally and externally to guide small molecular design
In return, our client can offer a fantastic opportunity to join a supportive and successful team in Cambridge with access to a number of lead discovery projects. Due to the nature of the role, hybrid working is available as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2166542
- Posted: 16th September 2022
- Expires: 14th October 2022