CK Clinical are recruiting for Scientific Communications Director (Social Media Business Manager) to join a global biopharmaceutical company with offices based in Hertfordshire, UK, on a 12 month contract basis (role is outside IR35). The role can be serviced remotely, but you would need to be based within the UK.
Our client is globally renowned pharmaceutical company with their UK Pharmaceutical Head Office situated in Welwyn, Hertfordshire. The site is accessible by motorways & airports as well as being a 30-minute train ride to London, access is easy. There are well over 1000 people occupying their site in Welwyn.
The Social Media Business Manager (SMBM) acts as an internal Social Media consultant tasked with orchestrating end-to-end support for an assigned business area, from strategy to execution to measurement.
- Engage: The SMBM works collaboratively with pivotal business teams to incorporate social media engagement into their integrated communications strategy
- Partner: This roles serves as a consultant to other teams within the TAs to help train, strategize and execute on Social Media activities; serves as a bridge to group comms and social media partners
- Iterate: proactively monitors social space, defines activities to maximize engagement and iterates based on impact and feedback
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Serves as Primary Point of Contact (PPOC) for a prioritized business area; create a social media plan, that fits into the integrated communications strategy that contributes to achieving defined business outcomes
- Leads the design, implementation, and execution of best-in-class paid and organic social media campaigns, drawing support from colleagues responsible for Operations / Creative / Measurement / Capability where appropriate
- Collaborates with Group Comms, Digital Excellence and other colleagues working within the social media space; develops a feedback loop integrating business priorities and parallel social activities to leverage synergies and maximize value
- Engages proactively with Disease Area leaders and industry groups including EFPIA on partnerships and opportunities
Further responsibilities will include:
- Consults with other business teams on how to incorporate social media into their existing communications strategy; focus on value-added activities and partnerships
- Partner with Group Comms and compliance to ensure processes, guidelines and best practices are kept up-to-date - globally, regionally and locally
- Leverage existing research and identify knowledge gaps to help define baselines, benchmarks and best practices for broader social media implementation
To succeed in this role, you will:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Social Media management
- Proven track record of engaging through organic and paid social media activities
- Understanding of benchmarking, KPIs and measurement of Social Media campaigns
- Detailed knowledge of all major platforms, ie. Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube and Twitter
- Experience and ability to lead and influence agency management partners
- Fluent in written and spoken English
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54412 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54412
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 16th September 2022
- Expires: 14th October 2022