CK Group is recruiting for a Senior R&D Scientist to specialise in the development of advanced Bioseperation products, based at our clients' site in Cambridge, on a permanent basis.
About the company:
Our client is one of the largest volume affinity adsorbent manufacturers in the world, with facilities in the UK and USA. They specialise in the research, development and manufacture of advanced bioseparation products including chromatography adsorbents and columns.
The organisation is entering an exciting period of growth as they work towards enabling their customers to bring advanced therapies to market using state-of-the-art-purification nanofiber-based technology.
About the role:
The main purpose of this position is to develop and optimise purification processes. You will also plan, manage and coordinate activities in projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing and optimising purifications
- Developing purification methods
- Training others and upskilling other scientists
- Project leadership
- Record keeping, writing and reporting
- Participation in project-specific and general meetings
- Routine equipment maintenance
- Upholding health and safety requirements
To be considered for the position you should have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to a minimum of BSc level in a relevant scientific discipline
- Extensive experience working on DSP improvements and optimisations in an industrial setting.
The following skills would be beneficial for the position:
- In-depth knowledge of different chromatography methods for protein, nucleic acid, or viral vector purification and how to use and optimise them.
- Experience of working with and programming AKTA systems
- Experience with liquid handling platforms for high throughput development of chromatography processes
- Experience of Design of Experiments, cell culture and analytics.
The organisation offers an excellent salary and benefits package, which includes:
- Annual bonus
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Private dental cover
- Income protection scheme
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54418 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54418
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 15th September 2022
- Expires: 13th October 2022