We are working with a business who operate within the chemical process and manufacturing sector, they are looking for a hands-on electrical engineer to join the instrument department where you will build, assemble, test, repair and calibrate process safety and JCI electrostatic measurement test instruments for both in-house and external test laboratory customers.
To be successful you should hold a relevant qualification, ideally electrical engineering and possess experience working on wiring control panels, switches, and connectors within a commercial or academic setting.
- Maintenance and upkeep of equipment electrical CAD (Smartdraw) drawings, build procedures, bill of materials, test, and calibration records for the equipment.
- Wiring up of enclosure panels using good manufacturing practice whilst following in-house build procedures.
- Machining of holes for, and mounting of, panel components related to PS and JCI range of instrumentation using in-house hand tools.
- Carry out bespoke instrument control and data enclosure building for our own laboratories.
- To provide effective repairs in support of our PS test laboratories and external customers in the event of equipment breakdown.
- Hand population of circuit boards.
- HND or higher qualification in Electrical engineering/electronics.
- Practical experience fabricating and assembling electrical control enclosures; panel and component wiring, familiarisation with control and safety related components and working to good manufacturing practices.
- Electrical CAD (Smartdraw or other electrical CAD package) experience and some mechanical experience is also beneficial.
- High level hand soldering skills are also a requirement of this role.
- Ability to fault find and repair instruments. (Component level fault tracing is beneficial but not essential although standard subsystem fault tracing is a requirement)
- Knowledge and experience of working to IEC 61010 and related standards is a distinct advantage.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Benefits: 25 days holiday entitlement + Banks - 10% bonus scheme - Contributory company pension scheme - Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme - Life assurance cover - Free parking - Employee assistance programme - Cycle to work scheme - Flexible working - Free eye tests
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Role: Full time, permanent
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7499
- Posted: 14th September 2022
- Expires: 12th October 2022