Job Type: Part-Time (shifts) (22.5 hours/week) over 5 days Mon - Fri
Salary: Depending on the candidates experience and skill sets
Cellomatics BioSciences Ltd. is a rapidly growing specialised Contract Research Organisation (CRO) providing pre-clinical laboratory services to support the drug development programmes of Biotech and Pharmaceutical companies.
We are seeking a Laboratory Assistant to perform a range of technical and clerical tasks during their workdays. This individual will report to the Senior Scientists/Scientists and play an integral part in the operations of the laboratory.
- Responsible for day-to-day laboratory maintenance and relevant housekeeping duties
- Monitoring and maintaining stock levels of reagents and consumables within the laboratory
- Help the company’s journey towards sustainability by recommending suitable alternatives to processes, materials etc.
- Performing routing cleaning and calibration of the laboratory equipment
- Support scientific staff with associated tasks as and when required
- Keeping detailed and accurate records in Logbooks of all work undertaken
- Assist in labelling, sorting, and storing laboratory samples and reagents
- Disposing of general and clinical wastes as per the guidelines
- Complying with all relevant Standard Operating Procedures and keeping training file up to date
- Answering telephone and email enquiries as required
- Clerical tasks including printing and filing reports and data entry
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- Previous laboratory experience from a similar role, familiar with laboratory procedures is desirable but training will be provided
- Someone with high attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of lab health and safety practices, including waste disposal is essential
- Clerical skills including filing, data entry and phone manner
- Verbal and written communication skills, including comprehension for answering inquires, understanding tasks and writing reports
- Basic computer literacy, including familiarity with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, or other word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Flexible approach to meet business needs
What we offer:
Our benefits package includes a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, 3% employer pension contribution and flexible working options. This position is based at our facility at 10 Colwick Quays Business Park, Nottingham, UK.
Salary range: up to £21,000 pro rata
To apply, please confirm your status of eligibility to work in the UK and send your CV with a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Related skills: Biology, Cell Biology, Chemistry, Life Science, Laboratory, Research
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Employer: Cellomatics BioSciences
Website: Cellomatics BioSciences
- Updated: 14th September 2022
- Expires: 12th October 2022