We are currently looking for a Research Scientist - Virology to join a fast growing Biotechnology company focused on the development of Vector based Vaccines against Oncology based in the Oxford area. As the Research Scientist - Virology you will be key member of the Vaccine development team focused on discovery and pre-clinical activities for the development of novel immuno-therapeutics.
This role would suit a Virologist with experience in researching and growing Cytomegalovirus or Beta Herpesvirus.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Research Scientist - Virology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Support the development of viral vector vaccine candidates in the area of immunotherapeutics targeted against Oncology and Autoimmune diseases.
2. Develop Viral vector constructs through mammalian and bacterial cell culture, DNA purification and viral vector production as well as develop and perform analytical assays to determine the quality, yield and stability of immunotherapy candidates.
3. Characterise novel viral vector vaccines through QC assays such as physical and infectious titer, sequence verification and immunogenicity.
4. Work in a collaborative research environment within a well established Biotechnology company with a development portfolio of nine research programmes with global commercial partners such as AstraZeneca.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research Scientist - Virology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree (Recent PhD or MSc/BSc with industry experience) in the areas of Virology or Medicinal Sciences where you have hands on experience with growing Cytomegaloviruses (CMV) or Herpesviruses and understanding of their behaviour and biology.
2. Proven industry experience with Molecular and Cell Culture systems with techniques including but not limited to design and cloning mammalian expression cassettes, Viral vector design and development, transgene expression, PCR, DNA sequencing, ELISA and Western blotting
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with viral growth curves, viral titers and infection titers.
Key Words: Virology | Virologist | Cytomegalovirus | Herpesvirus | CMV | HCMV | Viral growth | Viral cell culture | Viral infection | physical titer | infectious titer | sequence verification | transgene expression | immunogenicity | Molecular Biology | Cell Culture | Viral Culture yield | Viral Vector Production
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5636965
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 13th September 2022
- Expires: 11th October 2022