Development Technologist required, based in Nottinghamshire. Must have experience in developing materials such as elastomers, polyurethanes or similar. Experience in any CASE (Coating, Adhesive, Sealant, Elastomer) products considered beneficial.
Development Technologist - Polymers/Elastomers
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a highly successful and globally renowned company who manufacture and innovate polymer materials for a huge range of industries and applications. They are now looking for a new Development Technologist to join their busy manufacturing facility in Nottinghamshire. The role will involve managing multiple projects, developing new elastomer and polymer-based products, incorporating new technologies and providing materials expertise. This would be a brilliant opportunity for someone with previous experience of product development or innovation in polymer materials, elastomers, silicone, rubber, polyurethanes or similar materials.
Benefits: Key role in a dedicated product development team who have a reputation for technical excellence. 39 working hours, Monday to Friday, worked 8.30am - 5.00pm, with flexible start/finish times. 25 days holiday as standard plus 8 statutory days. Excellent pension scheme, private healthcare and annual company bonus.
Role / Description
- Driving development of new polymer materials, formulations and processes to suit new product applications
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and technology partners to lead innovation projects
- Designing and organising material development and qualification programmes for products in specific applications
- Developing and establishing new manufacturing and testing processes
- Utilising specialist knowledge and expertise to deliver strategic products (e.g. vibration, acoustic absorption)
- Recording information on material properties gained from experimental data
- Undertaking continuous improvement of existing products and processes
- Supporting production with technical troubleshooting
- Applying materials expertise across all development projects
- Interacting with customers and suppliers to support business development
- Minimum degree in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry or Materials Science (or equivalent experience)
- Industrial experience in materials development- preferably elastomer or polymer-based, such as polyurethanes, silicones, rubbers, coatings or similar materials
- Specific experience in new product development, innovation projects or acoustic/vibrational protection beneficial
- Good project management skills, track record of project completion
- Effective and adaptable communication skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Faye Allison at email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.comto view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: polymer, polyurethanes, elastomers, chemistry, materials, resins, composites, acrylates, NPD, product development, laboratory, formulation, polymeric, polymer science, materials science, CASE, coatings, adhesives, sealants, polyurethane, rubber, silicone, technologist, acoustic
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2166525
- Posted: 13th September 2022
- Expires: 11th October 2022