A global contract testing company requires an experienced Analytical Chemist to join its pharmaceutical division. You will perform and assist with analytical work using various instrumental and wet chemistry methods including HPLC and GC. To be considered you must have a degree in chemistry, or a related subject, and have previous commercial lab experience using HPLC & GC. Equivalent experience will also be considered. GMP experience is strongly desired.
The Analyst will work on a permanent basis within the Pharmaceutical Chemistry Laboratory. Working as part of a team the Analyst will perform and assist with analytical work on pharmaceutical products, help with the equipment maintenance, calibration and other quality checks, and aid the efficient operation of the chemistry laboratory in order to meet customer and internal requirements.
- Analysis of samples using various instrumental & wet chemistry methods e.g., HPLC, GC
- Calculation of results either manually or using MS excel
- Entering data onto LIMS
- Performing equipment checks and calibrations
- Ensuring assigned work is carried out in a timely fashion following the relevant procedures.
- Ensuring all relevant Quality and Health & Safety Procedures are followed
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or an appropriate subject, or proven experience in relevant analytical techniques
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Chemical analysis across a range of methodologies, techniques and procedure e.g., HPLC, GC, AA etc.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs
- Previous experience of working in a GMP laboratory environment is desirable.
- Ability to work alone and part of a team in a busy laboratory
- Good communication skills, written and oral, with good organisational skills and the ability to accurately follow methods and excellent attention to detail
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7471
- Posted: 12th September 2022
- Expires: 10th October 2022