CK Group are recruiting for a Pharmaceutical Chromatography Team Leader on behalf of a leading CRO at their site in Reading on a permanent basis.
About the client:
Our client is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and food sectors. Their diverse pipeline of projects varies from creating new products, validating medicines and completing analytical investigations. The are a global leader in their field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
The Chromatography team is a tight-knit group of experts responsible for employing Liquid Chromatography and Gas Chromatography for pharmaceutical testing, primarily coupled with Mass Spectroscopy.
By utilising LC-MS and GC-MS, they perform routine and investigative analysis of pharmaceutical raw materials, extractables and leechables testing, nitrosamine testing as well as validation, verification and method transfer on behalf of their clients.
Pharmaceutical Chromatography Team Leader Role:
The Team Leader provides management within the laboratory while retaining a hands-on approach to LC-MS and GC-MS. It will directly line manage a small team of scientists and technicians.
Your main duties will be to:
- Independently perform complex analysis using chromatography mass spectroscopy techniques, design study protocols and maintain and troubleshoot lab equipment
- Provide technical direction to the business
- Supervise staff in routine activities and methods
- Ensure effective organisation, integrity of analytical data and provision of results
- Perform data checking and provide interpretation of results for routine testing
- Generate certificate analysis or external interpretive report
- Liaise with clients, commercial and line management to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results
- Provide advice in client and stakeholder meetings.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a minimum of degree level (or possess equivalent experience) in Chemistry or a related field
- Experience in Method Development using techniques including HPLC, LCMS and GCMS
- Experience in supervision or management of a team of analysts would be highly beneficial for this position
- Experience with GMP and experience working in a CRO are advantageous but not required.
Our client offers an exception range of benefits, including:
- Excellent basic salaries
- Annual performance related bonus
- Very competitive company pension scheme
- 27 days annual leave with the option to purchase up to 5 days more
- Private medical insurance
- Life Assurance
- Employee perks scheme
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53976 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 53976
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 9th September 2022
- Expires: 7th October 2022