CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Technical Lead, to join the Chromatography team of a leading CRO at their site in Reading on a permanent basis.
About the client:
Our client is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and food sectors. Their diverse pipeline of projects varies from creating new products, validating medicines and completing analytical investigations. They are a global leader in their field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
The Chromatography team is a tight-knit group of experts responsible for employing Liquid Chromatography and Gas Chromatography for pharmaceutical testing, primarily coupled with Mass Spectroscopy.
By utilising LC-MS and GC-MS, they perform routine and investigative analysis of pharmaceutical raw materials, extractables and leechables testing, nitrosamine testing as well as validation, verification and method transfer on behalf of their clients.
Joining this team will allow you to do truly vital work analysing medicines so they can reach patients that need them.
About the role:
This role focuses on routine and investigative analyses of products and method development and validations using chromatography (e.g. GC, GCMS and LCMS) and investigative / interpretation of complex mass spec data. You will support with training and scientific mentorship junior members of the team as required.
This position will involve substantial client contact and will provide support for laboratory management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of generated analytical data and timely/accurate provision of results.
- Ensuring an in depth understanding of the chemistry involved in the tests performed by the Pharmaceutical Chromatography team and investigative / interpretation of complex mass spec data.
- Performing a range of analysis using GC, GCMS and LCMS and running method development, verification and validation.
- Independently executing routine / novel / challenging analytical techniques or tests.
- Providing technical content to quotations for complex studies and design study protocols.
- Providing technical direction to junior analysts with routine through to complex analyses to ensure that the correct science is used and issues can be troubleshooted effectively.
- Coordinating technical training of all staff within the department and verifying the quality of training provided
- Checking data. interpretation of results and generation of certificate analysis and external interpretive reports.
- Ensuring the maintenance, calibration / qualification and troubleshooting of any assigned laboratory equipment.
- Writing and approving SOPs
- OOS reduction by ensuring that appropriate CAPAs are applied, and learnings are captured in technical SOPs.
To be considered for the position, you should ideally have the following skills and expertise:
- Experience of working with a range of chromatography instrumentation including GCMS and LCMS
- Experience of method development, method validation and instrument troubleshooting
- Substantial knowledge of GMP
- Experience of working with a CRO or a pharmaceutical environment would be highly beneficial for this position
Our client offers an exceptional range of benefits, including:
- Excellent basic salaries
- Annual performance related bonus
- Very competitive company pension scheme
- 27 days annual leave with the option to purchase up to 5 days more
- Private medical insurance
- Life Assurance
- Employee perks scheme
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54116 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54116
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 9th September 2022
- Expires: 7th October 2022