CK Group are recruiting for a Research and Development Chemist with industry experience to join a chemical manufacturing company at their facility located in Haltwhistle on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is ISO9001 accredited and manufactures to GMP standards. The main purpose of the role will be to contribute to the development of the company's product range of sterile disinfectants and related coatings and to investigate complex customer enquiries as required. The company offers a salary between £20,000- £30,000 depending on experience as well as 25 days holiday + bank holidays, early finish on a Friday, free parking, life assurance and pension scheme.
The site is commutable by rail from Newcastle and Carlisle, as well as being commutable by road from Consett, Hexham and other local areas.
Key duties of the R&D Chemist role will be as follows:
- Assist the Senior Development Chemist in the development of current and new product ranges/products
- Analysis of experimental results and writing technical service reports
- Regularly presenting to and liaising with senior management on the progress of all projects
- Evaluating the suitability of alternative raw materials in existing formulations
- GC analysis of raw materials and formulated systems
- Assisting with quality control tests and the development of further tests
- Providing technical support
- Completing internal audits
In order to be considered for this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2.2 BSc (or equivalent) in Chemistry or a chemistry related degree (Essential)
- Practical and proven industry experience in formulation and development of products (Essential)
- Awareness of ISO 9001:2015 quality management system requirements
- High standard of written and verbal communication with excellent telephone manner
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54391 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54391
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 9th September 2022
- Expires: 7th October 2022