A leading specialty chemical company is seeking a Senior Analytical Chemist to join its team. You will be planning and executing analytical project work to develop application knowledge and ensure the maintenance and calibration of GC-MS, LC-MS, HPLC, and FT-IR and the sample preparation is of a high standard. You will require a chemistry degree or similar, and several years of commercial work experience within an analytical chemistry role with an understanding of method development and validation.
- Pro-actively identify, report on and improve safety related issues using available tools and systems
- Work with customers to solve technical problems related to chemistry, processing and applications of Companies' products.
- Develop and maintain technology expertise and insight in a relevant technical field
- Apply a high level of scientific rigor to the analysis and assessment of data and to draw and present conclusions
- Building a network within wider organisation, e.g., technical, business units, production, etc..
- Liaise with internal & external contacts as necessary to track and communicate service activity status.
- To have comprehensive understanding of Companies' products & applications & to be aware of the full range of company products.
- Develop and grow junior staff by transferring knowledge and skills as appropriate.
- Plan and execute analytical project work to develop application and knowledge.
- To ensure that the maintenance and calibration of GC, GC-MS, FT-IR, HPLC and GPC, and the sample preparation attached in the Analytical laboratory is of a high standard.
- Provide improvement efficiencies to the lab via methodology or instrumentation advancements
- Analytical Chemistry based degree or similar
- Several years relevant commercial work experience in analytical and/or material science
- Analytical expertise in at least one of the following: GC-MS, LC-MS, and FT-IR
- Understanding of method develipment and/or validation
- Able to develop and maintain technology expertise and insight in a relevant technical field, and to apply it to the development new products / recipes
- Able to apply a high level of scientific rigor to the analysis and assessment of data, and use it to draw & present conclusions in a Report format
- Has a broad understands the correlation of chemical composition of materials and their applications properties in a defined field.
- Facilitates the effective interaction and contribution of co-workers or external partners and works to remove barriers to collaboration.
- Manage Technical Aspects of Projects (develop plan, timelines and R&D cost estimates)
- Reliably produces quality work, tailoring technology to meet customer needs.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7496
- Posted: 8th September 2022
- Expires: 6th October 2022