Shift QC Analyst required in South Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry (or related scientific discipline) & proven industrial laboratory experience, in particular wet chemistry skills and analysis.
Shift QC Analyst
Salary: £29,064 + £6557 shift bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Shifts: 2 days (7am-7.15pm), 2 nights (7pm-7.15am), 4 days off 7-week cycle, then 18 days off
SRG is currently working with an industry-leading manufacturer of speciality chemicals, supplying to a wide range of industries. With a busy analytical lab, they are currently seeking a Shift QC Analyst to join their team in West Yorkshire and support with analysis of raw materials, in-process and finished product samples. You be using use a range of wet chemistry techniques, as well as GC, ICP, IR and Ion Chromatography. It would be a brilliant opportunity for an experienced QC or analytical chemist to join a friendly and welcoming team, with a really supportive manager.
Benefits: Well established company experiencing continued growth both financially and on site! 8-12 week training period on day shifts, before moving onto 2 days, 2 nights (4 on, 4 off) shift pattern. Shifts are 12.25 hours long and this pattern occurs over a 7-week cycle, followed by 18 days off. 25 days' holiday allowance, must be taken during off breaks.
- Routine testing of raw materials, in-process and final products wet chemistry techniques and GC, ICP, IC and IR
- Recording analytical results in line with company procedures
- Calculating adjustments to batches during manufacture
- Preparing and sending certificates of analysis and conformance
- General laboratory housekeeping, i.e. preparing reagents, calibrating equipment
- Providing analytical support for development of current and new products
- Investigating process improvements, new process routes and new testing methods at both laboratory and pilot plant scale
- Build and maintain an understanding of COMAH activities on site
- Proven industrial laboratory experience - ideally in QC or analysis of chemical products
- Specific experience with GC, ICP, IR or Ion Chromatography beneficial but not essential
- A degree in Chemistry (or related scientific discipline) or equivalent experience
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Organised, with good communication skills and good attention to detail
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Jack on 0161 888 2557. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.comto view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory technician, chemistry, analytical, contract testing, technician, lab technician, lab tech, QC, quality control, reagents, wet chemistry, titration, pH, pH testing, speciality chemicals, chemicals, ICP, GC, gas chromatography, inductively coupled plasma, ion chromatography, IR, FTIR
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2166483
- Posted: 8th September 2022
- Expires: 6th October 2022