We are currently looking for a Principal Computational Chemist to join a world-leading drug discovery company based in the Abingdon, Oxfordshire area. As the Principal Computational Chemist you will be integral to the completion of drug delivery projects, whilst also spearheading the development of new computational methodologies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Principal Computational Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will use your computational chemistry and drug discovery knowledge to work effectively on brand new exciting projects that arise.
2. You will apply your mentorship skills to help your colleagues with their development of new computational chemistry/cheminformatics toolkits.
3. You will identify and apply the most applicable ligand and structure based methods to design appropriate compounds throughout all phases of discovery projects.
4. You will also get the chance to represent your department in business activities with prospective partners, as well as presenting project proposals.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principal Computational Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD in computational chemistry, cheminformatics or closely related subject.
2. At least 5 years of post-doctoral experience in either an academic or industrial environment within drug discovery and computational chemistry.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with ligand and structure-based design, virtual screening, QSAR/QSPR modelling and Python.
Key Words: computational chemistry, drug discovery, PhD, CADD, Python, ligand, structure-based design
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5636971
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 7th September 2022
- Expires: 5th October 2022