CK Group is recruiting for a Graduate Chemist to join a hazardous waste management company based at their site near Cannock, on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client deliver the best professional waste management solutions across the UK. They now have a vacancy for a chemistry graduate to join the team, who will be responsible for the complete technical assessment of incoming waste streams, generating legal and compliant documentation to facilitate the movement of waste. The company offers a salary in the region of £22,000-£24,000pa depending on experience.
This role will be based at the company's site near Cannock which is commutable from Walsall, Aldridge, Lichfield and Burntwood.
As a Graduate Chemist, the main duties of your role will be to:
- Continuously learn, understand, and develop a knowledge base of the current disposal routes. Be aware of the market demand and problems to be able to offer commercially viable options for all incoming waste streams
- Identify sampling and data requirements needed prior to waste being accepted on site as outlined in the appropriate measures
- Advise the sales team of any specific caveats that the waste must adhere to for the quotation to be valid
- Facilitate and log pre-acceptance samples, ensuring they are booked into the laboratory before arrival
- Understand the role that technical assessment plays in the efficient work flow at all sites. Maintain knowledge of treatment and transfer processes carried out at all facilities
- Ensure incoming waste is pre-accepted in line with requirements set out in the Appropriate Measures, environmental permits and all other relevant legislation
- Competently assess incoming waste streams, classifying materials using Technical Guidance WM3 and other relevant information sources such as MCL
- Assess and interpret both internal and external chemical analysis of materials, including assessments for landfill inputs
- Champion ?right first time? culture in order to target zero non-conformities and zero accidents/incidents
- Provide guidance to sales staff and customers on how waste should be segregated and packed in accordance with ADR regulations. Advise the sales team of any requirements for packing materials needed to do so and provide detailed packing lists that can be sent to customers if requested
As a Technical Graduate, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree in Chemistry or equivalent
- Comfortable learning new IT systems
- SAP experience is desirable
- Competent in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54371 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54371
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 5th September 2022
- Expires: 3rd October 2022