An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and proactive senior development chemist to join a well-established organisation based in the Basingstoke area.
To supervise and perform R&D operations whilst implementing and maintaining a continuous improvement culture and driving change to help align our operations with world class standards.
Qualification and expertise
Degree or PhD in Inorganic Chemistry or related discipline
At least 3-5 years commercial experience
Experience in working within inorganic laboratories using ICP, ICP-OES, ion chromatography etc.
Experience in project management
Experience within a manufacturing environment and understanding of the technical process.
Good understanding of laboratory equipment and of working within GMP and GLP procedures,
- Act as the main point of contact for all R&D matters and provide technical support to the company on such R&D issues.
- Performs and manages R&D projects while coordinating with production and engineering teams for the timely running of the diverse trials and experiments.
- Providing support, guidance and training to members of the R&D team.
- Interpret, summarise and presents results from literature search and/or R&D experiments to management and/or project teams with the aim to lead or influence the development process.
- Pursue improvements of our overall company technical knowledge by staying current with advances in inorganic chemistry but more importantly with developments in Lithium chemistry.
- Routinely participate and contribute to the drive for change to ensure that industry standards and best practices are applied to improve company operations.
- Identify techniques and technology tools needed to improve manufacturing process and new product development.
- Participate in interdisciplinary projects involving Production, Product Development, Quality, Regulatory, Finance, and Business Development.
- Responsible for coordinating with production, warehouse and engineering to ensure that scale-up trials are delivered as agreed and on schedule.
- Ensure laboratory work is carried out in compliance with Health & Safety regulations, ISO 9001 and ISO14001.
Senior development chemist will have:
- Excellent communication, management & leadership skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills. Possesses the ability to write clear and concise technical reports, presentations, and business correspondence.
- Advanced knowledge of office software (i.e. word, excel and power point).
Skills: Project management, Analytical instrumentation, ICP, ICP-OES, Ion Chromatography,
- ISO 9001 and ISO14001, Senior Development Chemist
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737241823
- Reference: DCB-20
Website: ST Recruitment
- Updated: 6th September 2022
- Expires: 1st October 2022