An opportunity has arisen for a mechanical project engineer to join a leading business in the aerospace and automotive sector at its facility in the south of Cambridge on a permanent, full-time basis. You will lead and support mechanical development and innovation projects to improve manufacturing processes, products, and internal systems as a project engineer.
To succeed, you should possess previous project management experience with a mechanical bias, in a manufacturing environment and hold a relevant scientific or engineering degree, ideally mechanical or manufacturing engineering.
Mechanical Project Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide Mechanical Engineering skills and knowledge to the Project Engineering team.
Lead continuous improvement projects across the site.
- Develop concepts into detailed specifications on a broad range of manufacturing equipment.
- Leading multiple engineering projects to ensure achievement of time, cost, and performance targets.
- Creating and maintaining mechanical specifications, drawings, and documentation.
- Tender analysis and validation.
- Play a key role within the engineering team supporting the safe operation of the site, including the use of industry-standard risk assessment techniques, issuing, and controlling safe system of work permits.
Mechanical Project Engineer Requirements:
- Previous project management experience with a mechanical bias, in a manufacturing or process environment.
- Hold a relevant scientific or engineering degree, ideally mechanical or manufacturing engineering.
- Experience including design and specification of industrial chemical processes or similar.
- AUTOCAD or Inventor CAD experience required.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and control capital projects.
- ATEX & commissioning experience would be advantageous.
Salary: £. Competitive
Benefits: Bonus up to 10% - 25 Days Holiday + Banks - Discounted Healthcare - Employee Share Purchase Plan - Employee Cash Plan - Company Pension - Life Assurance - Flexitime - Subsidised Canteen - Free Parking
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week (8:30-16:45)
Location: Duxford, Cambridgeshire
Role: Full-time, Permanent
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7492
- Posted: 2nd September 2022
- Expires: 30th September 2022