An international chemical development business based in Kent is currently recruiting for a Regulatory Affairs Manager to join its team on a permanent basis. As Regulatory Affairs Manager, you will play a key role in ensuring the company complies with global legislation relating to the supply/distribution of chemical products.
This role will suit a degree qualified Regulatory/Compliance professional that possesses a strong understanding of market applications including REACH, CLP & GHS.
Regulatory Affairs Manager responsibilities
- Management of Regulatory Affairs team across the group and sister companies.
- Management of ongoing regulatory changes due to Brexit (UK REACH registrations, GB CLP).
- Management of global regulation strategy (Europe, USA, Middle East, Asia - Pacific).
- Management of compliance policies and procedures, hazard communication, risk assessment and chemical safety (REACH, TSCA, BPR, CLP, GHS, poison centre notifications (PCN), food contact compliance (IDFC), ) chemical weapons convention, drug precursors).
- Management of the substance global registrations, IUCLID dossiers and scientific data.
- Management of dangerous goods for transport (ADR, IMDG and IATA).
- Maintenance of relationships with the UK and European Trade Associations working groups (British Coatings Federation (BCF), European Printing Ink Association (EuPIA), European council of the paint - an expectation of business travels.
- Collaborate with different departments (product managers, production, R&D, commercial, finance, legal department) and customers (external entities and OEMs).
- Interaction with professionals from a variety of regulatory backgrounds, attend global chemical conferences, engaging in significant travel in the UK and Europe to effectively deliver objectives.
Regulatory Affairs Manager requirements
- A relevant degree (Chemistry, Toxicology) or professionally educated with work experience in product safety, regulatory affairs and/or stewardship.
- Proficient expert in Globally Harmonized Systems of Classification and Labelling of chemicals
- Experience with sensitive market application regulations - REACH regulations/registrations, CLP, GHS, BPR, global chemical legislations
- Strong IT skills and experience establishing/manipulating databases and document management systems
- Able to recognise regulatory changes and trends including market sectors
£55k + company benefits
Regulatory Affairs Manager/REACH/GHS/CLP/Registrations/Labelling
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7447
- Posted: 30th August 2022
- Expires: 27th September 2022