Job Title: Mammalian Cell Culture - Principle Scientist
Employment Term: Permanent
Salary: From £35,000- £45,000
Benefits: Up to 35 + bank holidays, healthcare, bike schemes, dental and a generous pension scheme
SRG are working with a global company working with various forms of pharmaceutical products creating world class medicinal advances, we are looking for a Principle Scientist, you will act as a Cell culture lead within a project team to provide high quality experimental planning and work in the development, Operation and control of processes for the production of mammalian cell lines
The successful candidate will be laboratory-based and, working as part of a team, will be involved in cell line development (CLD; from transfection, cloning and selection of cell lines to evaluation of clonal cell lines in scale-down mimics of the production process.
The jobholder will also be expected to lead CLD activities for client programmes, which will require presenting project data to our clients and ensuring project timelines are maintained.
They will also have a role to play in contributing to the implementation of new and innovative ways of working.
* Experience of the operation and control of stirred tank, laboratory scale (2-10L) and pilot scale (200L) mammalian cell culture bioreactors
* Experience with high throughput cell line screening technologies, such as the ambr™ systems is desirable
* Experience of mammalian cell culture (ideally CHO), preferably in a biotech/pharmaceutical industry setting
* Ability to communicate the progress of projects, both verbally using presentations and with written reports, to both internal and external customers
* Experience in developing and optimising processes for the production of therapeutic proteins using CHO cells
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Matthew on 0161 868 2205.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2163195
- Posted: 30th August 2022
- Expires: 27th September 2022