An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Regulatory /QA Chemist to join a well- established organisation based in the Coventry area.
The role involves an understanding of regulatory requirements for biocides (BPR, REACH, CLP, EPA etc).
- Providing technical knowledge internally and externally to support, sales, marketing, and technical operations.
- An involvement in driving new product development and expansion of antimicrobial product
- Evaluation of raw materials through communication with suppliers and testing
- Responsible for data sheets, chemistry based technical documentation and product label generation.
- Ensuring products conform to ISO 9001 requirements (e.g. quality control, documentation requirements).
- Carrying out some basic COSHH assessment of the few chemicals on-site
- Carrying out some basic chemistry tests. Other tasks could include compatibility issues with polymers and silver ions.
The Regulatory/QA Chemist will have:
- BSc or higher in a Chemistry based discipline with at least 1 year experience in Regulatory/QA.
- Ability to use Microsoft software and general computer literacy
- Ability to efficiently research chemistry-based issues
- Prior experience: with Regulatory bodies (biocides, BPR & REACH) polymers, additives, or coatings will be desirable
- Enthusiasm to learn, proactive and a positive attitude
- Innovative thought processes
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- A professional and friendly manner including with customers - verbally or via email
- Ability to work to deadlines – long and short term
- Attention to detail and good analytical understanding
To apply for this position, candidates must be living in the UK and eligible to work
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737241823
- Reference: RBC-012
Website: ST Recruitment
- Updated: 15th September 2022
- Expires: 13th October 2022