As the Procurement Delivery Manager within a large Pharmaceutical company, you will work within their Global Procurement team and will be a key member of the R&D Procurement Delivery Clinical Laboratories team, where you will be responsible for developing sourcing strategy and execution of operational R&D Procurement activities across Pharma and Diagnostics. You will work at the interface of science and business, be deeply involved in cutting-edge medicine and as a team member help bring innovative medicine to patients.
- Develop category strategies for defined R&D Clinical Laboratories services (Genomics and Genetics, Bioanalytics, Soluble Biomarkers, Flow Cytometry, Histopathology, Central laboratories)
- Execute operational sourcing requests in the Clinical Laboratories field, ensuring a focus on efficiency and the quality of customer service.
- Understand end user requirements and leverage the applicable category buying guides and sourcing knowledge to determine the best method for driving value in meeting the requirement.
- Conduct operational Business Partnering with specific stakeholders and in alignment with the respective Chapter/Functions in Global Procurement.
- Deliver Supplier Management activities for specific suppliers and in alignment with the Global Category and Supplier Management teams.
- Apply the sourcing process through the application of tools (RfIs, RfQs, RfPs) for the delivery of operational sourcing activity, including the application of eSourcing tools. Support the implementation of new processes, policies, and technologies.
- Ensure that Procurement operational targets and metrics on customer service are delivered. Track and monitor these metrics where required and escalate issues as they arise.
- Ideally a University degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field.
- Experience in Clinical Trial procurement or Life science related industry.
- Knowledge and experience in the Clinical Laboratories area and awareness of some of the adjacent commodities: Genomics & Genetics, Soluble Biomarkers, Bioanalytics, Histopathology, Flow Cytometry and Central Laboratories
- Business level fluency in English.
- 3+ years operational procurement experience with experience in basic contracting, eSourcing and spot buying.
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into procurement specifications with customer service in mind.
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools
- Experience with enterprise systems and procure to-pay tools and eSourcing tools is desired.
- Strong understanding of the R&D process within Pharma and/or Diagnostics, and knowledge of the related R&D regulations (e.g. GCP)
- Strong analytical, collaborative, communication and influencing skills.
- Comfortable in operating in an agile organization.
For further details, please contact Tim Barratt on +44(0)1727 817 626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agency: Achieva Group Limited
- Reference: BH-33663
Website: Achieva Group Limited
- Posted: 5th August 2022
- Expires: 2nd September 2022