Packaging Technologist needed in West Yorkshire with specific industry experience in aerosol chemistry and packaging technological development
£33,000 - £40,000
SRG are working with a highly successful and growing company that are part of a much larger global corporation, that have a presence in over 50 countries across the world. They specialise in the manufacture and distribution of adhesives, additives and lubricants for use in various applications ranging from automotive, construction, polymers and other speciality products. They need a Packaging Technologist to join their team in West Yorkshire, to form part of a multi-disciplined group of scientists. They will be responsible for developing solutions according to customer packaging requirements and specifications, supporting and contributing with solutions across NPD projects, testing packaging performance, ensuring regulatory compliance, and market awareness and monitoring of consumer trends for the conception of future technology development projects. They must have at least 3 years' industry experience working in the development of aerosol products and packaging, with a thorough understanding of surface chemistry and interactions.
35 hours per week - Monday to Friday, with flexibility on start and finish times. 25 days holiday and plus bank holidays.
- Establishing customer requirements and specifications with the development of bespoke packaging solutions
- Attending all new product development initiative discussions (e.g. formulators, product development managers, engineers, commercial team, etc), and developing potential packaging solutions to accommodate new concepts
- Testing developed products and running of transit trials
- Investigating OOS issues or negative trial results and developing solutions to correct any issues faced
- Investigating any customer complaints (mainly distributers) and developing solutions to correct them
- Methodical data collation, analysis and reporting of results internally, as well as to customers, suppliers, and distributors
- Ensure strict compliance to health and safety directives, and all regulatory standards
- Have market awareness and identify current consumer trends and thereby identify future project opportunities with realistic establishment of aims and timescales
- Degree in chemistry/ chemical engineering/ packaging engineering or similar as a minimum is essential
- At least 3 years' proven experience in aerosol product and packaging technology development is essential
- Experience in new product development
- Experience with analysing market trends, and developing and managing a project pipeline
- Experience in customer and distributer interaction is beneficial
- Knowledge of aerosol regulations is beneficial
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of health and safety standards and the safe handling of aerosol chemicals/ reagents
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to Raffaella.email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies. If you know of someone else who may be interested in this role, please do pass on my details.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Chemistry, aerosol products, aerosols, aerosol development, aerosol packaging, packaging engineer, NPD, new product development, transit trials, surface chemistry, surface reactants, packaging, line management, leader technology, technical consultancy, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, problem solving, commercial awareness, market trends, coatings, data analysis, chemicals, ISO, GMP, project management, supplier liaising, distributer liaising
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2166137
- Posted: 5th August 2022
- Expires: 2nd September 2022