£21,000 - £26,000 p/a (Dependent on experience)
SRG are working with a company that has a vast global presence with operations located throughout the US, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. They produce and supply various carbon products and services for use in a wide range of purification applications. They need an Analytical Chemist to join their team in South Lancashire mainly performing QC duties including atomic absorption spectroscopy (AAS), ion chromatography, UV-Vis and other wet chemistry techniques. Ideally, experience in using at least one of these methods is desirable but at a minimum you need a HND in Chemistry. Chemistry graduates with industry experience gained during a placement year at the very least, are encouraged to apply.
Benefits: Full training and support is provided with the opportunity to work for a giant in the chemicals industry. 25 days holiday + the statutory bank holidays. 37 hour working week, Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm (4pm on a Friday). Access to EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) and an excellent pension scheme.
- Performing routine QC testing and analysis of sampled carbon products
- Utilising techniques such as AAS, Ion Chromatography, titrations, UV-Vis, Ph, and others
- Helping to improve current QC testing methodologies
- Shadowing the R&D Senior Scientist, working on pilot projects and performing customer testing service requests (TSRs)
- Generate and accurately record test results with critical analysis of produced data
- Timely reporting of any deviations in purity or quality specifications to senior chemists and taking action to address anomalies as required
- Maintaining a clean and tidy laboratory in line with 5s principles
- HND in chemistry as a minimum is essential
- Immediate start preferable
- Industrial QC experience in using analytical and wet chemistry techniques is desirable
- Excellent chemistry knowledge and understanding
- Good time management and strong communication skills
- Able to multi-task and work effectively in a team
- A willingness to learn and be proactive
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to Raffaella.email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies. If you know of someone else who may be interested in this role, please do pass on my details.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Chemistry, analytical, wet chemistry, data analysis, AAS, atomic absorption, ion chromatography, UV-Vis, titrations, Ph, density analysis, physical testing, laboratory, reporting, quality, QC, R&D, carbon products
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2165060
- Posted: 3rd August 2022
- Expires: 31st August 2022