- Job Title: BioBank Assistant
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary - £23k
- Location: Ely, CB7 4BS
- Hours - 9-5 (37.5 hours) and must be flexible and able to commit to on call out of hour responsibilities
SRG are currently recruiting for a Biobank Assistant to join a leading CRO in Ely.
The company conducts human challenge clinical trials with the end goal to potentially eradicate common illnesses like the common cold and flu completely - or at least make treatment of them as easy and effective as possible.
The main focus of the BioBank Assistant role is performing receipt, storage, and shipping of clinical trial participant samples in accordance with GCP, HTA, IATA and ADR. They also provide technical support to the wider team at to ensure safe storage, handling, and transport of samples with a prime focus on quality.
The role is a full-time permanent position working 37.5 hours a week, with regular on call out of hours responsibilities.
- Perform receipt, storage and shipping of samples according to SOPs and GCP/IATA/ADR regulations, within specified time and temperature sensitive parameters.
- Produce and maintain required paper and electronic documentation records.
- Maintain compliance with Good Clinical Practice, all relevant SOPs, to company standards and guidelines.
- Work as part of a small team, maintaining excellent communication between staff at different sites and between divisions.
- Assist with the production of Clinical Trial Kits and pre-labelled samples.
- Ensure all laboratory housekeeping is maintained for example:
- Empty waste pots and bins.
- Weekly cleaning of equipment and defrosting of freezers.
- Discarding expired reagents.
- Maintaining consumable and freezer Inventories.
- Receipt & logging of samples, consumables and reagents.
- Assist in maintaining sample integrity by participating in the out of hours call out rota (along with the BioBank Manager) for the Temperature Monitoring System across the relevant sample storage equipment and facilities.
- Monitoring and reporting of temperature sensitive equipment excursions.
Skills & Experiences
- Degree in relevant scientific subject or equivalent.
- To be able to work as a member of a small team, responsible for organising own time and resources in an optimal fashion, with some guidance.
- Be able to work alone when required.
- Good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Driving licence desirable
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2166183
- Posted: 3rd August 2022
- Expires: 10th August 2022