A fast-growing chemical manufacturing business based in Basingstoke is currently recruiting for Chemical Process Engineer to join its team on a permanent basis. As a Chemical Engineer, you will act as their technical specialist when it comes to engineering support - which can cover key tasks including scale-up activities (concept to commission), HAZOP studies, experiment design and troubleshooting.
This role will suit a degree qualified Chemical Process Engineer who possesses relevant work experience gained in a relatable industry (chemicals, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, energy storage).
Chemical Process Engineer responsibilities
- Use scientific, mathematical, and engineering principles to solve problems and improve our chemical and engineering processes and design new processes.
- Designing, proposing, implementing, reviewing, and correcting plans and overseeing construction of new plants to ensure capital projects are realised including all relevant hazard assessments and HAZOPs.
- Implement, troubleshoot, and review plans as projects progress.
- Design and plan the layout of equipment
- Engage with suppliers and contractors to specify existing equipment and consult on new and improved processes
- To scale up designs for major and manage new capital projects
- Participate in and coordinate trial production programmes and manage the introduction of new products into the plant.
Chemical Process Engineer requirements
- An MSc or PhD level qualification in Chemical Engineering/Process Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering.
- Industrial experience working in a comparative role working at a small or pilot scale and taking a product through to commercialisation.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well within a cross-functional team.
- Used to running projects in terms of timing, financials, and budget control
- Experience of managing teams in an industrial environment whilst working to strict safety and quality standards
- Self-motivated, flexible, well organised and possess analytical skills.
£Comp + private medical + life assurance + pension
Chemical Process Engineer/HAZOP/Scale-Up/Design/Process
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7442
- Posted: 2nd August 2022
- Expires: 30th August 2022