An exciting VC-backed spin-out company working on sustainable solutions to chemical technologies is currently recruiting a Synthetic Organic Chemist to join its growing team on a permanent basis. As Synthetic Organic Chemist, you will play a vital role in carrying out cutting-edge R&D in fluorination chemistry whilst having the ability to design/recommend organic synthesis.
Synthetic Organic Chemist responsibilities
- Develop and apply a range of synthetic & analytical methodologies to make industrially relevant, next-generation synthesis of fluorinated compounds across a range of scales (g - kg).
- Tackle R&D challenges and develop new routes to fluorochemicals using the latest technology.
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standards of the group.
- Ability to design, recommend and execute experimental work in organic and/or inorganic synthesis.
- Ability to search and present literature findings as well as experimental results in a timely and clear fashion with periodic verbal and written reports
- Ensuring the safe and efficient running of the laboratory
Synthetic Organic Chemist requirements
- PhD level qualification in Chemistry - ideally with an organic focus.
- Experience working in an industrial R&D lab is preferred - completing organic synthesis. However, academic post-doc research is also accepted.
- A problem-solving mindset and the ability to think outside the box.
- The ability to work efficiently on your own or as part of a team.
- Proven experience with characterization and purification tools such as NMR, HPLC, Mass spec and X-ray, XRPD
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and chemistry software suites (Scifinder, Chemdraw etc etc.)
- A proven track record high-quality synthetic laboratory work, data collation and record keeping
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Experience in process chemistry
This start-up will pay a very competitive salary - up to £50k.
Synthetic Organic Chemist/Organic/Inorganic/Synthesis/Novel Compounds/Fluorochemicals/Small Molecules
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7452
- Posted: 2nd August 2022
- Expires: 30th August 2022