Lubrications Development Scientist
£30,000 - £40,000
SRG are working with a highly successful and growing company that are part of very large wider global corporation, that have a presence in over 50 countries across the world. They specialise in the manufacture and distribution of adhesives, additives and lubricants for use in various applications ranging from automotive, construction, polymers and other speciality products. They need a Lubrications Development Scientist to join their team in West Yorkshire to support the development of new product formulations, creating bespoke formulations according to customer specifications, maintenance and improvement of current formulations, drafting specifications documents and liaising with customers and suppliers. At least 3 years' proven industrial experience in lubrication product development is required, with a BSc degree as a minimum.
35 hours per week - Monday to Friday, with flexibility on start and finish times. 25 days holiday and plus bank holidays.
- Supporting and contributing to the development of new product formulations
- Executing customer briefs with the development of bespoke products according to their specifications and requirements
- Working alongside applications chemists, production operatives, and other scientists in the development and running of plant trials of new and existing products, and supporting any investigations needed
- Physical and analytical testing of raw materials, intermediate and finished products
- Liaising with customers and addressing any technical and other queries they may have
- Liaising with new and existing raw materials suppliers, including sourcing required or alternative raw materials, and suppliers
- Analysing, reporting and presenting data to management, customers, and other relevant stakeholders
- Drafting specification documents
- Degree in chemistry/ chemical engineering or similar as a minimum is essential
- At least 3 years' lubrication/ greases formulation or development experience (e.g. emulsion development, tribology, solid emulsion development, colloidal development, etc) is essential
- Experience working with customers, external suppliers and distributors
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Awareness of REACH ad NSF
- Ability to work meticulously and methodically
- Willingness to learn, to engage and work as part of a team
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to Raffaella.firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies. If you know of someone else who may be interested in this role, please do pass on my details.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Chemistry, laboratory, formulations, new product development, NPD, solids emulsions, tribology, colloidal emulsions, colloids, emulsions science, pickering emulsions, emulsifiers, surfactants, grease, lubricant oil, friction reduction, analysis, analytical, physical chemistry, testing, chemicals, additives, lubricants, adhesives, coatings, building materials, automotive, XRF, viscosity, density, , product testing, product development, graphite, boron nitride, molybdenum disulphide, tungsten disulfide,
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2166138
- Posted: 2nd August 2022
- Expires: 30th August 2022