CK Science is currently recruiting for a Formulation Chemist to join a leading cosmetics company based in Lincolnshire on a permanent basis.
The company are a leading cosmetics company operating in more than 40 countries who produce wellbeing products specialising in organics and naturals.
The site is located near Horncastle, Lincolnshire.
Graduate Chemist Role:
The role of the graduate chemist is to maintain equipment in the production site, research and advance our water purification techniques, aid with formulation and uphold GMP along with stability and microbiology testing.
- Formulate colour cosmetics from initial idea through to final product formulation using brand new cosmetic ingredients
- Design and develop formulations in line with specific product briefs working alongside marketing and R&D in the creation of new product ranges
- Work on the planning and execution of formulation stability trials to ensure product shelf life and performance
- Work on the planning and execution of sensory and formulation performance trials
- Work on the raw material database and source raw materials for new and existing product formulations
- Liaise with external manufacturers to support the development and scale up of formulations for production
- Prepare all relevant documentation for regulatory and final approved formulations
- Maintenance of production machinery
- Routine examinations of the water systems and improving these where necessary
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations. Maintain proper health and safety standards.
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or Cosmetic Science, with practical formulation experience in skincare and preferentially, colour cosmetics
- Passion for the formulation of colour cosmetics and a desire to design and create formulations that challenge traditional cosmetic standards
- Understanding of cosmetic science including the creation of aqueous and non-aqueous formulations e.g. emulsions, powders, waxes
- Experience formulating with aqueous materials to create different types of emulsions
- Experience with stability testing of formulations to support feasibility of new product development
- Knowledge of use of small molecule water in relation to the cosmetic industry would be an advantage to this application
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
A great benefits package is available including bonus, pension and healthcare. If successful you will be joining one of the leading cosmetics manufacturers in the UK with excellent career prospects and friendly working environment.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54092 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54092
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 2nd August 2022
- Expires: 30th August 2022