CK Group are recruiting for a Materials Testing Technician to join a corrosion consultancy provider at their site based in Manchester on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is a leading provider of testing services to industries worldwide, who deliver innovative and bespoke certification, testing and assurance services. The Manchester team support the oil & gas industry and they now have a number of vacancies available for Materials Testing Technicians within corrosion testing. This team provides analytical testing and knowledge-based consultancy services from reservoir to refinery. These roles would suit degree qualified (or equivalent) chemists, and those with some hands on experience. On the job training will be provided.
This Materials Testing Technician role is located in Manchester, easily commutable by road from surrounding areas.
Your main duties will be to:
- Carry out corrosion testing programmes for the assessment of chemical corrosion inhibitors for use in oil and gas applications
- Support colleagues in the performance of the testing programmes, operation of equipment and the smooth running of laboratory processes
- Carry out preparation and testing of samples
- Support the technical operation of the laboratory and ensure that the requirements of external accreditation (ISO 9001 and 17025) are met
- Perform corrosion testing experiments
- Prepare metallic test specimens required for testing projects including use of cutting wheels and linishers
- Handle chemicals required during testing in accordance with COSHH, and health and safety risk assessments
- Safe handling and use of hazardous and non-hazardous bottled gases including hydrogen sulfide
- Prepare, maintain and operate a variety of laboratory equipment including metallographic cutting and polishing equipment, microscopes and electronic devices
- Prepare samples for examination ?post-test?, including microscopy and photography of samples
- Please note this role entails manual handling, use of power tools and moving of 50L gas cylinders
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Proven experience (ideally industry based) in a material or chemical laboratory environment, preferably with demonstrable experience of the above listed duties
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Chemistry or Materials Science - essential
- Educational or practical hands on experience of corrosion testing, metallurgically or electrochemistry - essential
- Experience with materials testing programmes would be advantageous
- Flexible approach and ability to work across testing groups in a cooperative manner and maintain desired standard of work
- Excellent hands on experience and comfortable working with power tools
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53766 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 53766
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 1st August 2022
- Expires: 29th August 2022