An international biotechnology company requires a new Technical Support Specialist to join their Technical Support team. You will utilise all available resources to technically support the company's customers on the proper use of the testing products to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals. The opportunity would be remote with some travel expected. You will require a degree or above in a biology-based discipline and have experience in skills such as ELISA, PCR and ATP.
- Interface with customers to resolve issues to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and Improve customer service processes for instrument support, case management and complaint resolution.
- Update and execute training programs for internal and customer/distributor.
- Generate communications on recent issues, resolutions, and solutions for internal technical support teams to use with customers.
- Run veterinary diagnostics tests in the facility in Ascot UK, on samples sent by customers for evaluation or root cause analysis.
- Utilize and update CRM MS 365 platform daily to manage the technical cases for the business. Use CRM to generate metrics and report on the current technical issues and concerns from customers in your responsible region to the rest of the business.
- Handles various other duties as delegated by the Global Technical Support Manager
- Team Player: Must be able to professionally work closely with the Technical Support Team EMEA, the Territory Sales Managers, Marketing, Applications group, and R&D teams to overcome customer technical obstacles in order to maintain and gain new business
- Active participation in relevant industry associations (IAFP, IFT, GFSI,PMA, etc.) as a speaker, convener, panelist, poster author, technical working group member, professional development group, etc.
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and professional manner.
- Must be able to fulfil essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
- Analyse data and draw up reports. Contribute to the development of the software package, including its use and testing. Document and optimize processes related to the work in the service lab, including the Technical SOPs and Manuals.
- Ensures compliance with and/or follows all organizational systems, programs, training, policies, and procedures as required and complies with relevant legal mandates. Seeks guidance as necessary.
- Actively supports and participates in the safety program, both for self-protection and the protection of other employees, by reading and abiding by all requirements in the Safety Manual and Injury Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher in life sciences (biology, microbiology, chemistry, food microbiology, veterinary) or a related field required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat required.
- Knowledge and experience with in at least two of the following technologies: ELISA, PCR, Bioluminescence
- Excellent verbal and written communication,
- Must be able to use discretion and independent judgement.
- This role will be predominantly home-based but you will occasionally be required to travel to the compay's Ascot facility.
Salary - £30-50k dependent upon qualifications, skills and experience + Excellent company benefits
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7325
- Posted: 1st August 2022
- Expires: 29th August 2022