Role: Senior QC Analyst
Location: Skipton, South Yorkshire
Contract: 6 month FTC
Salary: £30K p/a - 10% bonus available after 6 months dependant of attendance and performance
Shift pattern 2pm - 10pm weekday only, strongly advise only those with access to a vehicle apply due to shift pattern.
Synergy are currently looking for Senior QC Analysts to join a new team who will be working within a Client Pharmaceutical organisation based in Skipton, North Yorkshire.
They will be responsible for carrying out all analytical activities relating to Quality Control, including but not limited to, routine release analysis of raw materials and finished product, stability, and validation analysis, ensuring all areas are executed in a timely manner and to perform all operations in accordance with written procedures and the Skipton quality management system.
The Senior QC laboratory analyst is also required to:
- Act as a mentor, coach, and expert with relation to QC analytical testing and process', providing support to the QC lab analysts as required.
- Provide first line analytical support and troubleshooting during routine QC related activities where the problem may arise.
- Propose and implement laboratory improvements with relation to set procedures and analytical test methods and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Perform analytical and physical testing of raw materials and finished products to ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) against agreed specifications and customer requirements, within predetermined testing times.
- Record, report, check and review analytical data, ensuring maintenance of all analytical documentation in an organised and accessible manner for future reference by colleagues and/or inspectors/auditors.
- Take an active role in and be accountable for laboratory investigations, ensuring these are followed through to completion within a timely manner as outlines in set laboratory procedures.
- Taking swab samples for monitoring and cleaning validations (when required) and performing in process sample testing on request.
- Take an active role in the completion of change control, CAPA, deviations and other quality related documentation. Ensure the maintenance of inventory, including chemicals, reference materials, consumable items etc.
- Arranging the execution of external analysis (e.g. microbiological analysis) sending samples, processing reports and checking the progress of the work.
- Collaborate with team colleagues to ensure that the workplace environment and workstations remain at a high level or cleanliness and housekeeping that comply with company and legislative standards at all times.
- Promote health and safety, ensuring that all company safety and quality systems and relevant legislations are adhered to, reporting any incidents or suggestions to the manager.
- Promote continuous improvement.
- Ensure all waste is correctly disposed of in accordance with site policy.
- Stay abreast of developments in the field through training and reading of literature.
- Observe and abide by Synergy and Client values in all aspects of carrying out the job role, including interaction with co-workers and third parties.
- Provide suggestions into improvements in analytical test methodology and systems within the QC laboratory.
- Coach and mentor laboratory analysts and ensure good analytical techniques are maintained within the laboratory.
- Represents Synergy to the highest of professional standards, both internally and externally.
- Escalation of any issues or problems to the Synergy Senior QC Supervisor
- Develops a good understanding of client ways of working and policies relevant to the laboratories and wider quality function
- Always contributes positively to team or department. Shares learnings and best practices; seeks and shares feedback. Understands how own objectives and behaviours will contribute to the team achieving its goals.
- All other tasks that can reasonably be requested and approved by management
- Higher Education degree/diploma in a Scientific discipline
- Ideally minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experience in a pharmaceutical GMP quality control laboratory
- Advanced knowledge of chemical and physical analysis techniques, wet chemical techniques; HPLC and or GC, UV-VIS, DLC, MID-IR, (auto) titration, water determination Karl Fischer, TOC, physicochemical tests as density, melting point determination, colour measurement, viscosity measurement, pH measurement
- Advanced user of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of the applicable procedures and their application
- Experience of Health & Safety and Safety Management systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Team player
- Results driven
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and investigational skills
- Ability to coach other members in the team
Please contact Manpreet Bhullar on email@example.com and we can discuss this role further or others you may be better suited to. Please note this role does not offer VISA sponsorship. To be considered for the role you must have the right to work in the UK and personally organise VISA arrangements if necessary.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2166122
- Posted: 29th July 2022
- Expires: 26th August 2022