A leading food manufacturer has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join its team. Your role will be to lead the Sales & Marketing of lab services. To be considered you must have a strong business-to-business background gained in another lab service-based organisation.
- Sales & Marketing of laboratory services, primarily to third party clients, to achieve agreed sales volumes / profit budgets within agreed levels of marketing budget spend.
- Creation and maintenance of brand image and communication via website advertising.
- Maintain and develop digital presence, SEO and data portal.
- Prospecting for new clients, overseeing Account Management of existing clients and sales administration for business needs.
- Identification of appropriate external laboratories for specific tests and negotiation of terms.
- Effective management of the technical Interface that links the business and customer needs in the areas of Quality, Food Safety, Development and Technical Support.
What you'll be doing:
- Actively co-ordinates and engages others to ensure all customer requirements are met.
- Awareness and implementation of legal requirements, codes of practice etc.
- Understands and applies the principles of innovation
- Creates and maintains relationship with external agencies.
- Creates and maintains relationship with customers and scientists to ensure new services are delivered on time.
- Works with managers to identify new services and ensure they are integrated into the Quality System.
- Understands new services and technologies and their applications to the business, and advises on competitive advantages.
- Uses knowledge of services and process to define and evaluate new services and products that lead to significant increases in business performance.
- Defines and delivers appropriate training needs.
- Manage customer requirements for information and technical advice.
- Manage customer quality issues to deliver effective solutions and decides if expert input is required.
- Uses knowledge of services to improve performance and margin.
- Responsible for delivering technical information in a way that meets the needs of the target audience.
- Use all media types to understand the technical aspects of services and report their significance to the business.
- Manages and populates the company website.
- Observes health and safety regulations and follows guidelines as stipulated by the company.
What we need from you:
- Sales and marketing experience in business-to-business services.
- Strong grasp of account management basics - forecasting & trade spend management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable working cross functionally at all levels
- Building customer relationships at both a buyer and senior level
- Excellent planning, organising and time management
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Budget Management
- Previous people management experience with direct responsibility for a team
What we offer you in return:
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Up to 7.5% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday (option to buy an additional 10)
- Wide range of online and in-house training
- Access to an employee discount scheme, with access to hundreds of nationwide retailers
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7454
- Posted: 28th July 2022
- Expires: 25th August 2022