A leading provider of scientific equipment and consumables to the life science market requires a Scientific Sales Administrator to join its team. You will be responsible for quotation and sales enquiry functions as well as ensuring prompt responses to technical enquiries. You will ideally be educated in a scientific discipline or have supported another scientific business. All training will be provided.
They operate a 4 day working week, Tuesday - Friday, 8am- 17:30
- Processing incoming sales enquiries received by phone, email or fax.
- Processing technical enquires or passing to the appropriate owner and ensuring swift follow up to meet customer expectations.
- Processing incoming web quote requests.
- Preparing quotations for instrumentation, ensuring that all relevant specifications are included.
- Assume responsibility for the sales enquiries email inbox.
- Arranging for new accounts to be set up, liaising with Finance Department regarding customer accounts.
- Liaising with the Finance department where appropriate regarding customer accounts for existing customers, e.g. credit limit issues etc.
- Liaising with internal Operations team and/or external suppliers, to ensure that the customer receives the best possible service at all times.
- Dealing with all customer queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Filing of correspondence, ensuring that customer records are up to date at all times and that there are accurate relevant audit trails.
- Basic understanding of the quality systems we have in place
These are the main functions of the role; however, employees may be required to carry out other, ad hoc duties, as may be reasonably required.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Science qualification preferred but not essential - customer base is in life science and materials science.
- Sage 200 experience preferred but not essential - full training provided.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a confident polite and efficient telephone manner.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Motivated individual who is flexible and willing to learn continuous best practice
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and positive attitude.
- Excellent organisational, time management and attention to detail skills.
- Comfortable in being able work alone and/or within a team environment, contributing and sharing best practices, resources and ideas in order to continually improve the customer experience.
- Ability to effectively manage customer relationships, promptly responding to queries; ensuring promises are kept with the ability to confidently manage expectations.
- Have the ability to work to set standards and procedures.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 73861
- Posted: 28th July 2022
- Expires: 25th August 2022