A unique opportunity has become available to join a fast-growing chemistry focused business, based in Cambridge. The company have developed in-house a world first chemical solution to several applications including FMCG (fragrances, home care) through to air quality - removing bad pollutants and smells.
As a R&D Scientist, you will take on an important role of working in a cross-function team - designing and conducting R&D experiments. Along with your R&D focus, you will also work with the commercial team to identify new opportunities/translate customers' needs into technical solutions.
R&D Scientist responsibilities
- Work in a cross-functional team: Design, manage and conduct experiments, implement ideas, methods, knowledge, skills, and experience to achieve the team's objectives.
- Develop products from concept to scale-up. Develop scalable prototypes and demonstrate performance through material testing.
- Working closely with the Commercial team to identify opportunities and translate customers' needs into technical solutions and projects.
- Support key customers to formulate and develop products, as well as validate product benefits and substantiate claims to speed up product launches.
- Identify IP opportunities and prepare patent documents.
R&D Scientist requirements
- PhD qualification in Chemistry or closely related field of study with an excellent academic track record (1st Hons degree ideally).
- You will be a curious Scientist driven by a passion to deliver results and work on sustainable product solutions.
- You will be highly driven with the ability to work independently.
- Ability and desire to communicate regularly with customers & clients - which can include top-tier chemical/FMCG businesses.
- Experience in household and personal care product development would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Contributes to a high-performing, fearless, results-orientated culture
- Hands-on and entrepreneurial in style, comfortable with getting involved in all areas of the business with minimal support
£Comp + Shares + Benefits
R&D Scientist/Product Development/R&D/Chemistry
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7412
- Posted: 28th July 2022
- Expires: 25th August 2022