CK Group are recruiting for an Organic Analyst to join an environmental testing company at their site based in Consett on a full time, permanent basis.
The company offers a broad range of accredited analytical testing to support a wide range of testing requirements for a range of industries, including water treatment, medical device manufacturers, industrial water companies, environmental consultants and more. You will ensure that the work load is organised and up to date, and will operate instrumentation to produce accurate results. Please note that occasional weekend work will be required, for which overtime is paid. Salary will be dependent on experience and in the region of circa £20,000-£26,000pa. As well as pension and 23 days holiday + bank holidays, the company offers benefits including cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice gym membership and other discounts.
This role is based at the company's site in Consett, commutable by road from surrounding areas including Stanley, Durham, Gateshead and more.
Your main duties will be:
- Analysis and preparation of laboratory samples and reagents in accordance with laboratory test procedures
- The calculation and interpretation of analytical results
- Data entry into LIMS
- Calibration, equipment and balance checks
- Part of the weekend rota team
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- HNC minimum; degree preferred in a science related subject
- Proven industry-based operational experience of laboratory work in a similar field
- Experience of operating GCMS, GCFID, IC or LCMS - essential
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54152 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54152
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 28th July 2022
- Expires: 25th August 2022