We are currently looking for a Scientist - Lipid Nanoparticle Discovery to join a new Nanomedicines Start-up in the South Oxfordshire area focused on developing Drug Delivery systems for Gene Therapies.
As the Scientist - Lipid Nanoparticle Discovery you will be responsible for Formulation, Characterisation and Pre-clinical assessment of novel nanomedicines such as Lipid Nanoparticles.
This opportunity would suit and driven and passionate Scientist with a love for everything Lipid Nanopartiles ( LNP ) and Nanomedicines and offers the opportunity to work with leaders in this field including one of the scientific leaders responsible for LNP technology development for the Pfizer COVID vaccine.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Scientist - Lipid Nanoparticle Discovery will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Your primary responsibility is to design and execute protocols for the discovery of novel LNP.
2. You will produce and formulate LNP and other similar nanomedicines.
3. You will design and conduct pre-clinical in-vitro studies and transfer methods and processes for further development.
4. You will have the opportunity to working in a growing, people and patient-centric organisation focused on developing life changing Drug Delivery platforms in a supportive, focused and diverse environment where your contributions are valued.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Scientist - Lipid Nanoparticle Discovery we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in a Pharmaceutical, Chemistry of Life Sciences discipline ideally where you have focused on and experience with Lipid Nanoparticles, Nanomedicine and Drug Delivery systems.
2. Proven experience with one of the following areas:
- Lipid-based Drug Delivery and Formulation. Experience with Microfluidics would be beneficial
- Formulation Characterisation. Techniques include but are not limited to DLS, Particle sizing, pKa determination, UV-VIs and fluorescence measurements.
- Pre-Clinical in-vitro testing including cell-based assay and analytical assessment for efficacy and safety testing.
3. We are looking for a scientist that is passionate about the field of Nanomedicine and Drug Delivery who thrives in a lab based environment.
Key Words: Nanomedicine | Drug Delivery | Nanoparticles | Lipid Nanoparticles | LNP | Gene Therapy | Formulation | Characterisation
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5636800
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 28th July 2022
- Expires: 25th August 2022