Job Title: Postdoctoral Researcher - Computational Chemistry
Location: Jealotts Hill, Berkshire, Bracknell
Contract: 24 Months
Postdoctoral Researcher - Computational Chemistry, Syngenta Jealott's Hill Research Centre, UK
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources more sustainably. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About this job:
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to join the Computational Chemistry Group at our R&D site in Jealott's Hill, UK. The role offers an exciting opportunity to work on chemistry design problems in a multidisciplinary environment, with applications in a wide range of biological systems spanning plant, mammalian and invertebrate biology.
The successful candidate will work on a project selected according to their prior experience, and will be able to demonstrate flexible teamwork and a tenacious approach to delivering innovative approaches to solve real-world problems in structure-based chemical design.
The successful candidate will have, or soon complete, a PhD or equivalent in Computational Chemistry or a related discipline, with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Structure-based chemical design, e.g. homology modelling; docking; virtual screening
- Computational prediction of protein structure
- Protein modelling and simulation
- Ligand-based rational design, e.g. field- and shape-based methods and conformational exploration, standard QM methods
- Cheminformatics, QSPR, model validation and assessing model robustness; familiarity with machine learning and its applications
- Practical programming and data science to support computational chemistry tasks, e.g. Python, shell scripting, high-performance computing, pipelining tools, databases
We will offer:
- Innovative and collaborative working environment
- 39.5 days annual holiday
- Competitive salary and benefits
If this sounds like you or someone you may know, please contact Manpreet Bhullar on email@example.com and we can discuss this role further or others you may be better suited to.
Please note this role does not offer VISA sponsorship. To be considered for the role you must have the right to work in the UK and personally organise VISA arrangements if necessary.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2165187
- Posted: 27th July 2022
- Expires: 24th August 2022