A world-leading speciality chemical manufacturing business is currently seeking a Toxicology Specialist to join its team on a permanent basis. Working closely with the product safety, laboratory and operations teams your role will focus on ensuring the safety of our client's chemical products.
To be successful you should either hold a PhD in Toxicology OR a MSc and have equivalent experience in a commercial setting. If you have previous experience in a Product Safety, Product Stewardship, or closely related role this would be highly advantageous.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of chemical products and the safe use of those products, including hazard and risk assessment, classification and labelling according to the chemical legislation and special branch-specific regulations.
- Analysis and securing of the compliance within the product safety duties, including sensitive applications as well as REACH and related worldwide registrations.
- Support local/regional and global businesses in all toxicological aspects.
- Coordination and processing of internal and external regulatory requests in due time.
- Toxicological assessment of chemicals and products for sensitive applications.
- Evaluation and interpretation of testing reports for hazard assessment and regulatory decision-making.
Skills & Requirements:
- Hold a masters in Toxicology or graduated Chemist / Biologist / Biochemist with a postgraduate course coupled with relevant experience.
- A PhD in a related research area would also be adequate.
- Timely decision-making using a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment; sometimes with incomplete information, under tight deadlines with appropriate risk, authority, and transparency
- Solves problems with effective solutions by asking good questions, involving others, and looking outside of existing processes and procedures.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 DOE
Benefits: Remote working model (1:4) - 25 days' holiday plus BH rising to 28 with service - pension, death in service benefit of 8X salary - access to discounts - annual health checks
Location: Rochdale (1 Day + 4 Days at home)
Role: Full-time, Permanent
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7451
- Posted: 27th July 2022
- Expires: 24th August 2022