Are you an experienced Lab Manager, or looking for a set up into a Lab Manager position? We have a newly created role available for a Laboratory Manager to join a growing healthcare company based in the Somerset area. This is an on-site role, and a relocation allowance may be provided for the right person, if required.
As the Laboratory Manager you will be responsible for managing two Quality Control laboratories (chemistry and microbiology), as well as line managing the staff within the labs (6 staff currently).
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Laboratory Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1 .Responsible for the day to day management of the Laboratory Technicians, developing a culture of success through Coaching, Mentoring and strong personal Leadership.
2. Ensure all activities conducted in the Quality Control Laboratory are performed in accordance with company GxP, ISO 17025 and EHS procedures. Responsible for the maintenance of ISO 17025 and GLP accreditations
3. Manage and motivate the QC laboratory team to deliver their Goals and Objectives; through 1:1 reviews, where required - Staff Performance Improvement Plans through activity based model implantation, regular briefings and team meetings, managing time and attendance and coaching and mentoring the team to raise skill and competence levels.
4. Proactively plan QC laboratory capability and capacity to support Production and Supply Chain in a timely manner. Responsible for maintaining the validated state of all methods used.
5. Responsible for QC laboratory daily safe operation.
6. To arrange for the care, maintenance and repair of all laboratory and scientific equipment, ensuring that they are calibrated and/or tested according to the manufacturer's instructions and that appropriate records are maintained. Ensure that, where necessary, all equipment is qualified and/or validated in line with the Company's Validation Master Plan.
7. Managing the use of external supplier and services including supplier agreements and performance reviews.
8. Responsible for stability programme ensuring that all samples are pulled and tested according to the timeline outlined in the procedure.
9. Ensure compliance with site Quality Management system and regulatory requirements.
10. Write and execute OOS, non-conformance and changes in a timely manner
11. Commercially minded in delivering a high quality customer service with solutions to technical and quality
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Laboratory Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences focussed discipline eg. chemistry, microbiology, pharmaceutical sciences etc. In addition to this, you will also need to demonstrate a track record of working in either a GMP or ISO17025 regulated environment.
2. Proven industry experience in managing or training a team in a relevant laboratory environment (pharmaceuticals, biopharma, food, chemicals, nutraceuticals, cosmetics, consumer goods etc).
3. Experience driving efficiencies within a lab environment and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
Key Words: Lab manager | GMP | ISO17025 |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5636779
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 25th July 2022
- Expires: 22nd August 2022