Manufacturing Scientist II and III
£30-35K per annum depending on skills, background and experience
SRG is supporting the ambitious growth of a start-up biotech based on the outskirts of Cambridge. We are hiring for varying levels within the Manufacturing team, within this innovative gene synthesis business.
You will play an integral part in the process of producing high quality DNA through the proprietary GMP manufacturing protocol, for ultimate use in gene therapy and gene editing platforms.
- Plan and develop protocols for manufacturing operations including component transfer, equipment validation and verification, maintenance of equipment, media prep, up and downstream manufacturing activities and cleaning of process areas to ensure adherence to stringent GMP regulations
- Act as coach and mentor to Production Technicians to ensure that all production work meets defined standards and errors follow correct reporting process
- Work within confines of QMS, maintain accurate records, adhere to instruction and comply with all company policy
- Troubleshooting - coordinate activities, identify when specifications are incomplete, track and review your own and the team's experimental data and make objective recommendations for next steps
- Work collaboratively with the R&D team, support the preparation of production schedules, drive continuous improvement in all activities and actively participate in team meetings, training and development sessions
- Travel to other company locations as required (local)
- BSc in a discipline relevant to Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Life Science, Genetics, or similar
- Proven background working in a cell manufacturing lab to GMP and GCP standards
- Hands on experience working with methods such as DNA cloning, DNA/RNA extraction, Protein extraction
- Experience using chromatography such as SEC, IEX, HIC, Affinity
- Able to accurately test and troubleshoot new assays and techniques
- Good team ethos, strong communication skills both; written and verbal, able to demonstrate a collaborative approach and flexible attitude to working in an agile environment with changing needs and demands
If the above describes you and your next move, please contact Bec Johnston for more information or apply here with your CV IN WORD. email@example.com / 01223 607858.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2166072
- Posted: 25th July 2022
- Expires: 22nd August 2022