CK Group are recruiting for a Group Leader - Medicinal Chemistry to join our client at their site based in Loughborough on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is a leading contract research organisation providing services for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and chemical industries.
This role is located in Loughborough. The site is easily commutable from Nottingham, Leicester and surrounding areas.
Group Leader - Medicinal Chemistry Role:
Your main duties will be:
- Providing strategic direction and technical oversight to our drug discovery project teams.
- Lead project teams in the delivery of client?s projects, applying the latest developments in both synthetic and medicinal chemistry.
- Line management of both Synthetic and Medicinal Chemists, including training, development and one to ones.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- You will have a PhD in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry with and will be able to provide technical input into both areas of expertise.
- You will have experience of leading project teams in the delivery of small molecule therapeutic agents, gained within a pharmaceutical company or a CRO, with at least 5-10 years of industrial experience.
- You will have experience of working with the different disciplines involved in the drug discovery process, including an understanding of disease biology, biological screening and DMPK, as well as an understanding of their importance to the development of therapeutic agents.
- Competitive salary and annual performance-related bonus scheme.
- Additional benefits include: pension scheme, healthcare Insurance and counselling services, annual leave, life assurance and critical illness plus fantastic discounts across travel, food & drink and so much more.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54131 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54131
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 25th July 2022
- Expires: 22nd August 2022