CK Group are recruiting for a Technical Lead, to join the Chromatography team of a leading CRO at their site in Reading on a permanent basis.
About the client:
Our client is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and food sectors. Their diverse pipeline of projects varies from creating new products, validating medicines and completing analytical investigations. They are a global leader in their field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
The Chromatography team is a tight-knit group of experts responsible for employing Liquid Chromatography and Gas Chromatography for pharmaceutical testing, primarily coupled with Mass Spectroscopy.
By utilising LC-MS and GC-MS, they perform routine and investigative analysis of pharmaceutical raw materials, extractables and leechables testing, nitrosamine testing as well as validation, verification and method transfer on behalf of their clients.
Joining this team will allow you to do truly vital work analysing medicines so they can reach patients that need them.
About the role:
The Technical Lead provides scientific expertise and thought leadership within the Pharmaceutical Chemistry laboratory while retaining a hands-on approach to LC-MS and GC-MS. In lieu of directly line managing, it will act as a pivotal scientific expert providing strategic guidance and high-level problem solving ability.
You?ll ensure routine and complex pharmaceutical projects are performed promptly and to GMP standards, facilitating practical analytical work and data checking for routine analyses of pharmaceutical raw materials and method verification using chromatography techniques in accordance with pharmacopoeia or client methods.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Independently performing complex analysis using chromatography mass spectroscopy techniques, design study protocols and maintenance and troubleshoot lab equipment.
- Providing technical direction to the business.
- Supervision of staff in routine activities and methods.
- Ensuring effective organisation, integrity of analytical data and provision of results.
- Data checking and provide interpretation of results for routine testing.
- Generation of certificate analysis or external interpretive reports.
- Liaising with clients, commercial and line management to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results.
- Providing advice in client and stake holders meetings.
- Delivering external presentations of data and internal presentations to senior technical stakeholders.
- Contributing to technical strategies & influencing senior management.
To be considered for the position, you should ideally have the following skills and expertise:
- Experience of working with a range of chromatography instrumentation including GCMS and LCMS
- Experience of method development, method validation and instrument troubleshooting
- Good knowledge of GMP
- Experience of working with a CRO or a pharmaceutical environment would be highly beneficial for this position
Our client offers an exceptional range of benefits, including:
Excellent basic salaries
Annual performance related bonus
Very competitive company pension scheme
27 days annual leave with the option to purchase up to 5 days more
Private medical insurance
Employee perks scheme
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 53475.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 53475
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 22nd July 2022
- Expires: 19th August 2022