3x Analytical Chemists required, based in Cheshire West. Must have experience and skills in chromatography (gas or liquid) and a scientific degree.
£28,000 - £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is currently working with a highly successful speciality chemicals manufacturer, based in Cheshire West. With an excellent reputation in the industry and huge demand, the business is now looking for 3 new Analytical Chemists to join their busy Analytical Team. Supporting the business from research through to manufacturing, this will involve analysis across a wide range of chemistries, raw materials and products. You will use predominantly chromatography techniques (GC, LC, GC-MS & LC-MS), as well as developing methods for non-routine analyses. With excellent development opportunities this would be a brilliant role for This would be a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Analytical Chemist, who has strong practical knowledge of either Gas Chromatography or Liquid Chromatography in a working laboratory setting.
Benefits: You will join a genuinely dynamic, supportive team, with great opportunities for professional development and high-quality training. 37.5 working hours, Monday to Friday with flexibility on start and finish times. 25 days holiday as standard plus 8 bank holidays. Excellent pension scheme, private healthcare and generous annual company bonus.
Role / Description
- Conducting non-routine analysis and characterisation of raw materials, complex blends and reaction products, with samples from the lab, pilot and manufacturing plants
- Conducting analysis using primarily GC, LC, GC-MS and LC-MS, as well as mass spectrometry, AAS, ICP-MS, XRF, thermal techniques and rheology testing
- Developing methods for GC, LC, GC-MS and/or LC-MS analysis
- Accurately interpreting, recording and reporting analytical data to support the R&D and Process Development teams
- Validating and documenting analytical methods
- Maintaining analytical equipment and providing troubleshooting support, where possible
- Providing support to satellite laboratories for instrument and method transfer, validation, troubleshooting and development
- BSc degree in Chemistry or similar preferred (HND + equivalent experience considered)
- Proven industrial experience with GC or LC instrumentation, analysis and methods from any sector
- Experience of analytical method development or investigational analysis preferred
- Proactive, flexible and committed approach, with good communication and team-working skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Jack on 0161 888 2557. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.comto view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemist, analyst, analytical, analysis, analyse, characterisation, analytical development, GC, LC, GC-MS, LC-MS, gas chromatography, liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, laboratory, lab, method development, troubleshooting, scientist,
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2165011
- Posted: 21st July 2022
- Expires: 18th August 2022