A Laboratory and Office Administrator is needed in Oxfordshire with experience working in a GLP/ GEP laboratory and administrative environment
Laboratory and Office Administrator
£25,000 to £35,000 (depends on your experience)
SRG are working with an exciting biopesticide research organisation who are currently recruiting for a Laboratory and Office Administrator to join their growing team. With significant recent investments they are driving their sustainability, their bioactive products and their technological patented innovations. In recent times they have made adjustments to their business plan and are now performing all of their innovative research themselves in their new laboratory facilities. Thus, they need to have someone manage their laboratory and office administration and assist their laboratory staff so they have the support they need to focus on their research.
Benefits: Opportunity to join a new and growing team in new facilities and an exciting time for the company. 35.7 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Where possible, work from home 1 day per week. Share save scheme and pension scheme.
- Supporting laboratory staff as needed
- Ensure safe working environment (GLP/ GEP)
- Maintaining, logging and tracking of chemical, consumable and PPE stock levels, and handling waste disposal
- Checking in samples with correct referencing
- Assisting with and maintaining equipment checks, tracking all checks and ensuring the routine performance of equipment calibrations
- Running of the day-to-day office requirements
- Arranging engineers, maintenance workers, couriers, waste disposal etc
- Signing in and looking after any visitors on site
- Induction of new staff
- A-levels or NVQ in science/ chemistry or similar ideal
- Experience in the safe handling of chemicals
- At least a years' experience in office administration
- Practical work experience in a regulated (GLP/ ISO/ GEP) environment is ideal
- Strong Microsoft Office IT skills
- Experience in the use of databases
- A collaborative attitude, a willingness to learn, and bring a fun and positive attitude to further contribute to a very pleasant work environment
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to Raffaella.firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies. If you know of someone else who may be interested in this role, please do pass on my details.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Chemistry, science, chemicals, laboratory, labs, GLP, GEP, H&S, equipment maintenance, calibration, admin, office administration, IT skills, database management
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2165976
- Posted: 21st July 2022
- Expires: 18th August 2022