Graduate Chemist required, based in North Cheshire. Degree in Chemistry or similar essential, no industrial experience necessary (but is advantageous)
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
SRG is working with a large, family-run business, based in North Cheshire, who specialise in the manufacture of hygiene and cleaning products. With astronomical growth over the last few years, the company are now looking to hire a Graduate Chemist to join their busy technical laboratory. The role will be involved in all elements of lab work, from QC to R&D; testing products, solving issues and formulating new products for development. The successful applicant will receive full training and development, so it would be a fantastic opportunity for a Chemistry graduate to join a chemical business without needing experience! Any industrial lab experience would be advantageous but is absolutely not necessary. We are keen to hear from all enthusiastic, practically-minded Chemistry graduates with a good work ethic.
Benefits: You will join a dynamic and truly supportive team, with full training and professional development from Senior Chemists. working in a centre of excellence for this technology. Full training provided. 37.5 working hours a week, 9am-5pm with some flexibility on start/finish times. Company-enhanced pension, 23 days holiday plus 8 statutory days and salary sacrifice benefits options.
Role / Description
- Providing technical support to production team for any issues which arise with products
- Carrying out QC testing on raw materials and finished product formulations, including viscosity, pH, and wet chemistry techniques
- Helping to troubleshoot production issues through lab investigations of problems
- Supporting development and formulation of new products
- Handling enquiries from customers on product usage, technical assistance, product and hazard information
- Keeping the laboratory safe, clean, tidy and fully equipped
- Occasionally visiting customer sites in the UK and internationally to provide technical support
- Degree in Chemistry or closely related subject
- Good practical wet chemistry skills gained at university or in a working laborator
- Enthusiastic to learn in a hands-on, industrial laboratory environment
- Strong work ethic and a good appreciation of Health & Safety/COSHH
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Jack on 0161 888 2557. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: graduate chemist, wet chemistry, formulation, development, R&D, product development, QC, laboratory, chemist, chemistry, NPD, graduate, formulating,
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2166014
- Posted: 21st July 2022
- Expires: 18th August 2022