Shift QC Technician required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring a degree in Chemistry (or similar) and experience of wet chemistry analysis and/or GC and HPLC. Recent Chemistry graduates are encouraged to apply.
Title: Shift QC Technician
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with well-established chemical manufacturer who have been producing speciality chemical for the last 40 years, both under their own brand name and as a toll manufacturer. Operating a busy QC laboratory, they are no looking for a new QC Technician to join the lab in conducting routine and non-routine chemical analysis across a wide range of in-process and finished products. Using a variety of wet chemistry and analytical techniques, it would be a great opportunity for someone with some previous laboratory experience - either in education or in the chemicals industry. Recent Chemistry graduates are encouraged to apply.
Benefits: A well-established company with exciting plans to continue their dramatic growth over the next 5 years. 40 working hours/week, 8:00am to 4:30pm, Mon-Fri whilst training, before moving on to an alternating shift pattern of 6am-2pm, and 2pm-10pm Mon-Fri.
Role / Description
- Undertaking routine and non-routine QC testing of in-process and finished products including:
- Colorimetric and potentiometric titrations, Karl Fischer, Loss on Drying, pH, Specific Gravity, viscosity, FTIR, UV and some chromatography techniques.
- Verifying incoming raw material Certificates of Analysis (CoA's) against specifications
- Liaising with the production team on a daily basis and making batch adjustments/corrections to meet specification
- Recording and reporting all QC test results
- Preparing samples and responding to technical service requests as needed
- General lab housekeeping
- Degree in Chemistry (or similar)
- Analytical experience of chemical samples (either through education or industry)
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: QC, technician, chemist, science, HNC, HND, BSc, degree, applied science, chemistry, chemical, manufacturing, laboratory, testing, production, titrations, viscosity, quality control, laboratory technician, analyst, analysis
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2165973
- Posted: 21st July 2022
- Expires: 18th August 2022