Regulatory & Technical Data Manager required, based in West Yorkshire. Must have proven experience in managing regulatory information (REACH, CLP, COSHH) in a chemical or related industry. Scientific degree preferred.
Title: Regulatory & Technical Data Manager
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum (depending on experience)
SRG is working with a well-established company who manufacture a vast range of adhesives, sealants and other industrial chemicals, with a proven record of success and growth. They are now looking for a new Regulatory & Technical Data Manager to work in a standalone role, managing the regulatory compliance relating to the product portfolio. The role will provide technical support internally and externally with regards to technical data, regulatory changes and complying to legislation and standards. It would be an excellent opportunity for a scientist with a strong background and knowledge of regulatory affairs pertaining to the chemical industry - particularly with operational knowledge of REACH, CLP, Biocidal Product Regulations or Construction Products Regulation.
Benefits: A highly successful business who have experienced continued growth over the last decade, in turnover, people and facilities. 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays. Pension scheme and discretionary annual bonus. 39 hours a week with flexible start and finish times.
Role / Description
- Full management of the Regulatory and Technical Data function
- Producing and maintaining accurate technical documentation and safety data sheets for product portfolio
- Understanding and interpreting industry legislation and standards - including COSHH, REACH, CE Marking, Construction Products Directive and Biocidal Products Directive
- Supporting Purchasing, Marketing and Sales with the practical impact of regulatory requirements - e.g. on raw materials, artwork, labelling, SDS, TDS, website information
- Keeping all technical information and literature up to date (SDS, TDS, artwork, etc.)
- Providing technical advice, guidance and support to internal functions and external customers and distributors
- Liaising with suppliers and staying aware of raw material classification changes to assess impact
- Attending industry forums, conference, consultations and networking events to maintain awareness of industry, legislation and technical updates
- Experience of interpreting and ensuring compliance to relevant chemical legislation and standards, such as REACH, CLP, Construction Products Directive and/or Biocidal Products Regulations
- Degree preferred in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or similar
- Experience in generating, managing and maintaining technical data and safety/technical data sheets
- Strong, adaptable communication skills, able to work to tight deadlines and work within ISO 9001 quality system
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: regulatory manager, technical data, regulation, CPD, CPL, GHS, BPR, BPD, REACH, construction, biocidal, compliance, SDS, TDS, MSDS, Safety Data Sheet, legislation, artwork, labelling, hazards, packaging
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2165889
- Posted: 20th July 2022
- Expires: 17th August 2022