Analytical Chemist required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring industrial experience of HPLC and GC, with HPLC-MS being desirable but not essential. Recent Chemistry graduates with a placement year in industry are encouraged to apply.
Title: Analytical Chemist
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £22,000 - £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a global and innovative business who have been producing speciality chemical ingredients for a range of diverse applications. The business is now looking for an Analytical Chemist to join their analytical team based in their site in Greater Manchester. Supporting with Chromatography analysis, this role will involve the deformulation of products to analyse using HPLC and GC and so requires proven industrial experience of these analytical techniques. HPLC-MS experience is desirable but not essential and recent Chemistry graduates with a year in industry are encouraged to apply.
Benefits: You will join a successful and well-established analytical team as a senior member of staff. 36.5 working hours per week, Monday - Friday with flexibility on start/finish times. 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days and pension scheme.
- Support in the Chromatography analysis of products through deformulation
- Utilise HPLC, GC & other techniques to monitor/troubleshoot reactions (including products not meeting specifications, metal/oil contamination etc.)
- Complete routine analysis using HPLC, HPLCMS, GC & GCMS methods
- Troubleshoot and configure analytical instrumentation as and when required, including potentially repairing/servicing instrumentation
- Proven industrial experience of Chromatography analytical techniques including HPLC and GC
- Experience of HPLC-MS is desirable but not essential
- Minimum degree in Chemistry (or similar)
- Good organisation skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able and willing to work independently
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.comto view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: analysis, MS, mass spectroscopy, analytical, speciality chemicals, analyst, testing, troubleshoot, metal, oil, contamination, identification, identifying, unknown, method development, method validation, chromatography, gas chromatography, GC, GCMS, HPLC, MS, mass spectroscopy, chromatographic, troubleshoot, testing, raw materials
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2165962
- Posted: 19th July 2022
- Expires: 16th August 2022